Monday, September 10, 2012

Linky Party and Leslie!

Its official...hurricane Leslie is due to hit Newfoundland sometime tonight or in the early morning hours. I just hope it waits until my partner, Brent, gets home from work. Its a half hour highway drive and he has to do this at midnight so I hope he gets home safe and sound before the bad weather.

On a good note, its the Unity/Ippity Linky Party and I have something to share! Now, I have to warn you, I tried to emboss the sentiment and I really thought I might have to invest in a new glue pad...the embossing powder just would not stick once the heat tool got near! I have figured out how to do it now, though...emboss from the bottom, not the top! The powder stays put but melts just the same! SCORE!

Here it is:


I made this card for my grandfathers 94th birthday, which was just last week. I used some paper that I got in a grab bag of paper from Walmart a LONG time ago. I sanded the edges to give it some wear. Then I matted some white paper on brown and embellished with brads, twine, and a dog sticker. The sentiment that is horribly embossed is from the Ippity set : Party Hat Wishes. It is a wonderful stamp that I have used MANY times...my embossing did not do it justice at all!

Anyway, thank you for stopping in! And check back for the rest of the week because I'm the Growing in Unity gal this week! YAY!

Love, Patricia

7 comments:

Julie Odil said...

I hope that hurricane changes course! Prayers to you and your partner. I hope your grandfather liked his great card!

Janeen said...

Cute how you layered the different colors of textured papers on here and sanding them is a nice effect. And look what you learned about EP :)

Rebekah said...

Neat layers, love sanding textured paper!

Amber Sheaves said...

Do you really use a glue pad to emboss? I've only ever used watermark ink and never had a problem. I have heard a lot of people having more success heatig from the bottom too. I really like the paper choices on this.

Linda SS said...

Nice, easy and simple card. Wonderful!!!

jengd said...

Very cute- really like your distressing on the patterned papers.

mollymoo951 said...

OMG! This is freaking cute! Love the layout / sketch...the distressing...the twine...and that adorable puppy! Perfect for your Grandfather! Perfect!