Tuesday, August 21, 2012

31 Days to a Better Photo: Day 4-7

Hello! If you have been reading this blog over the last...oh...16 hours or so, you will see that I have been following the "31 Days to a Better Photo" series on "Life with my 3 boybarians" blog. Ok...perhaps its more like "been OBSESSED" with the series!!! But, its a good obsession since the program is great for beginner photographers, or people like me who have had a DSLR for a couple of years and STILL don't understand everything about it! 

I went through days 4-7 last night and was waiting until this morning to do the assignments. Yes! There are assignments!!! But, don't worry...these are FUN assignments! In these couple of days the topics that were discussed was ISO, Aperture, and Depth of Field. While I had a little understanding of these (and that is extremely little!!!) everything I THOUGHT I knew went out the window as Darcy (the fabulous lady who has these tutorials for FREE!) explained these very important topics VERY clearly. Its like I had one of Oprah's A-HA moments! It was finally clicking in! Why oh why did it take me so long to find this blog!! I would like to thank PINTEREST for helping me get there!!

Anyway, on to the assignment that would help us get comfortable with the depth of field. For this I had to set up my tripod and focus on my subject while changing the Aperture for each shot. This showed how the Aperture changed how blurry the background (the depth of field) was. I'll show you a few shots that I took.

1/2500 f/6.3 ISO 100

I know what your thinking...beer bottles?!?! But, they were close and they make GREAT subjects!! They don't move!!! 

1/1000 f/9 ISO 100 

1/800 f/14 ISO 100 

 1/250 f/22 ISO 100

 1/160 f/29 ISO 100

1/100 F/36 ISO 100

As you can see, as the aperture number increases, the clearer the background becomes and the bigger depth of field you have. I have learned something new! Awesome!

I may have another post ready to go up before the day is over! Make sure you stop back to see!

Thanks for stopping by!
Love, Patricia 







No comments: