Monday, August 20, 2012

31 Days to a Better Photo: Day 3

Wow! I con't believe this is my second post in less than an hour! I just really got into the "31 Days to a Better Photo" series over at the "Life with my 3 Boybarians" blog. 

Day 3 talked about shutter speed and how shoot fast compares with shooting slow. The task was to set my camera at the same ISO and Aperture and shoot using different shutter speeds. Just to get an idea of how it differs. I picked Nick's flower that he has been taking care of all summer as my subject. It is just starting to flower! Please ignore the background (my house!) because this was just an experiment shoot! Not taken for beauty! 

And here they are, using an ISO of 400 and a Aperture of 5.6 on my Canon T1i:

Shutter Speed: 1/10


Shutter Speed: 1/15



Shutter Speed: 1/25


Shutter Speed: 1/40


Conclusion: The faster the shutter speed the less light that gets in and the darker the photo will be. I am assuming that every shutter speed has a benefit based on the conditions...ie, the lighting, the time of day, ect. (I bet you can't guess that I have a science educational background and are used to doing labs, can  you? Hee hee!) 

Thanks for stopping by!
Love, Patricia 

No comments: