Thursday, November 24, 2011

Unity Challenge: Let It Snow!

I really enjoyed doing a card for the Unity Challenge this month. Their theme is "Let It Snow" and with all the snowy weather lately I thought that it would be an excellent time to take part! Now, I'm not the one to love snow...no...not at all. I love the fall and its cool weather and the trees changing color and Halloween coming and...well, you get the point! Winter and its 7+ month of snow and ice...well...I'm not much of a fan. I don't mind being cool but I don't like to be cold. But, I do have a wonderful DH who does not mind taking the kids out into the white stuff and a new craft room for me to play in this Winter. I can see it now...DH and the kids gone off sledding, me in my cozy craftroom making cards and scrapbook the day away. You know what?! I think I'm going to change my mind on this whole "not a fan of Winter" thing! I think it sounds pretty good now!! LOL!

Anyways, enough of me boring you to death about my love/hate relationship with Old Man Winter! On to the card!


To keep with the snow theme I embossed a piece of blue paper with a new snowflakes folder that I got receintly for my Big Shot. I love that machine! I distressed the edges of the embossed paper and the mat with my distress tool and inked the edges a bit. I added a little ribbon and then some red rubber goodness in the form of Unity and {ippity} stamps! The mittens came in a grab bag of stamps that I got from the Unity Stamp Co. website a while back...I'm not sure of the set it belongs too. The "warmest wishes" sentiment came from the {ippity} set "Season of Joy" which is the most PERFECT set for the holidays! 

I hope you liked my card! Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Patricia

Want some {ippiy} goodness of your own? Visit my sales blog or contact me at mycraftycreations@hotmail.com to order some. I offer free shipping all the time!

No comments: