Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'M NO LONGER MIA!!!

Yes. I know. It has been MONTHS since my last blog post. I'm sorry. (Hanging my head in shame.) OK! Now that we have THAT out of the way, let me tell you why.

I have a new craft room! Well, sort of. It's not quite finished yet...but I do have a whole wall of shelves and I do have all my stuff moved in. I promised myself that I was not going to do anything crafty until my room was all done. I was not going to put myself through the agony of digging though boxes, bags, and piles of stuff to find the exact items I was looking for. Nope. Not going to do it. I was NOT going to move anything into my room until it was all done... Well, I don't think the sawdust was settled on the shelves when I started hauling stuff from my bedroom, down the basement stairs, and into my new room! I broke that promise to myself. That's OK, though! I am happy that I did! I have everything down there. It's not all neat and tidy and organized like I want but that's OK too! I still have an island and a desk that has to be built yet. Plus I don't have any pegboard or organizers put up yet. What I couldn't fit on the shelves is either on the floor or on one of those long, folding tables. The same table that I cleared a spot big enough for my cutting mat last night and actually created a scrapbook page! Yup! Promise number two gone RIGHT out the window! That's OK, too! I had lots of fun!

So, do you want to see it?

I actually did this page for a layout challenge that a friend of mine has on her facebook page. Here is the sketch that she posted:


Here is my layout:



This is Jarod's first day of Grade 4...at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus. Our dog, Daphney, likes to go with him in the mornings and I have a picture of the two of them together for every first school day...hmmmm...I see another page in the works!

For this page I used My Minds Eye Abbey Road paper. I really love it because it has a nice weight to it and the colors are awesome! Especially for boys! The tree and birds are my first attempt at coloring stamped images...I'm not sure that  I am all that much into it but maybe if I practice I might enjoy it a little more. That image is an {ippity} by Unity stamp from the set "Straight From The Heart".  You can purchase this set, or any other {ippity} set from my blog.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my post! Make sure you come back on October 1st for the Chick Challenges Blog Hop to celebrate the start of a whole new challenge blog!

Thanks fro stopping in!

Love, Patricia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delightful pleasure to add you to my blog favorites...I'll watch you craft and see if purple becomes used much in your crafting as it is in mine!

Annabella Merlin said...

Green is one of my favorite color! And i love how u used it in this layout!